How SAS® Enables Better Demand Planning
SAS provides collaborative forecasting and demand planning steps, transforming demand planning into a continuous, flexible process.
Cloud native forecasting for any size company
• Automatically generate statistically driven, weighted consensus forecasts.
• Monitor forecast performance to understand value added or lost at each step.
• Use out-of-the-box modeling strategies with predefined models.
Demand sensing & shaping
• Visually analyze demand data to spot patterns and insights related to sales, shipments, pricing, promotions, etc.
• Evaluate sales history and plan for future events – new products, locations, channel introduction – using what-if scenario analysis.
• Measure the effect of sales and marketing strategies on consumer demand using multitiered causal analysis.
Optimized transportation costs
• Adopt enhanced end-to-end supply chain execution.
• Connect demand plans to products and freight on the move.
• Reduce transportation costs while increasing agility.
Why choose SAS for demand planning?
- Automate and optimize inventory distribution by calculating optimized inventory levels and order quantities for every SKU, location and channel.
- Improve forecasting accuracy
- Model and forecast all your products and selling locations with a patented statistical forecasting engine that uses advanced forecasting methods.
- Optimize inventory & reduce stockouts
- Use analytics to drive product where it’s needed most to meet customer demand while managing the overall costs of inventory.
- Take the guesswork out of forecasting
- Use retail forecasting models that include underlying trends, seasonality, promotions, etc. Automated, large-scale forecasting selects the best-fit model based on individual time series.